Matthew 9:2-4. Paralytic. 5 Mar 2023
Mat 9:2 And suddenly some people brought him a paralytic stretched out on a bed.
Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralytic,
'Take comfort, my child, your sins are forgiven.'
3 And now some scribes said to themselves,
'This man is being blasphemous.'
4 Knowing what was in their minds Jesus said,
'Why do you have such wicked thoughts in your hearts? ...
Because some people had faith, Jesus forgives.
What kind of sin could paralyze a man to a degree that he or she no more could walk?
Just a quick look on Google gave some suggestions:
1) The man could have been drunk.
2) The man could have been addicted to drugs.
3) The man could have been oppressed by an evil spirit
4) The man could struggle with psychosomatic problems.
5) Perhaps and eating disorder. (Anorexia or extremely fat)
Both faith and forgiveness may help in such condition.
The scribes however had no concept of grace. They had wicked thoughts in their hearts.
Jesus, where I am paralyzed, please grant me faith and forgiveness.
Presently I feel paralyzed with making appointments with people whom I should visit. Perhaps I am a bit lazy.