Intention Script 25 Jul 2019
In communication it is important to be clear about your intention. Knowing and communicating your intention (the why) properly help with establishing smooth communication.
Example A (bad)
- Do you want to have this book?
- I am not sure. Let me think about it.
- I want to get rid of it. I plan to throw it in the garbage.
The result: confusion
Example B (better)
- I am cleaning my office. I want to get rid of this book and plan to destroy it.
- If you are interested in having this book you can get it now and take it out of my office.
- No thank you or yes, please.
You may expect a specific clear answer.
Start with Intention
Clarifying ahead what your own interest is, sets the listener at ease.
An intention script