A few Spiritual Laws 21 Jun 2018
What is a spiritual law?
Being honest: the 'laws' I propose are only a thesis. I do not have a proof. To me however those principles have a deep truth and a very broad field of application.
- Whatever you do not practice in small things you can not do well in bigger things.
- You can not expect others to change if you are not willing to change yourselves.
- Who is faithful in small things will learn to be faithful in bigger things.
- If we can not forgive others, we can not be forgiven ourselves.
- Frequently the very things that annoy us in others, are also present in our own character.
- Bad quality spreads.
- When one member of the body hurts, the full body hurts.
- You can not teach someone well something that you do not master yourselves.
Do you notice: the bigger things are built on the values of smaller things.
Character is a constancy in doing certain things. My Identity reflects on how I usually do things. It is true that there is a deeper layer in identity, but that is not the subject now.
A solid Identity is build on knowing that we can do a few things well. And others around us will recognize such. They can trust us where we trust ourselves.
If I care for myself, I will make effort to build character, quality, trustworthiness. And this brings forth happiness and joy.