Pity 3 Jan 2019
When I pity a person I may consider a deed of mercy. A deed of mercy easily may be a deed of love.
My emotions may motivate me towards deeds of care or love. It remains a question if the deeds stirred up by my emotions are effective.
Some poor people.
Inadequacy of help
There are a number of reasons that my
help may lack effectiveness:
- Unwanted help. Poor and needy people do have pride and stubbornness.
- Unwanted advice. Perhaps the majority of advice that I give is unsolicited. I assume I can solve someone else's problem.
- The help is too small or inadequate to solve the problem(s).
- The person who has been offered help can not change easily.
- The needy person may be lazy or irresponsible.
Need for pity
When I am indifferent for the needs of others then I will not be able to relate to the needy ones.
The needy persons may hate me and or curse me in word and deed.