Panic 21 Jan 2019
Case of the day.
One of the colleagues at my work joked:
Be careful because you may have to account to Saint Peter at heavens gate.
Ai, perhaps I will be sent back to work forever on our project.
With doing forever the same work, I would not be satisfied. I like change and new things.
When I face doom?
I think terror would strike. I would panic. I would run for my life. Although ...
as a Christian I believe in the eternal life. I should not be afraid for death.
Under unexpected pressure I expect that I will not respond normal and quiet. I may panic.
Time for panic?
My biggest fears
- To be separated from Millet
- Loss of health
- Living amidst a lot of suffering from other people
- Being rejected by family and bosses
- Eternally doing the same
In what form am I avoiding possible panic?
I do not see my own escapes. A few examples:
- Not moving too far from safety.
- Avoiding to run hard or do severe physical exercise. I may fall and break bones.
- Avoiding to live in a poor country e.g. far from medical care.
- Avoiding to start projects to avoid the risk of failure.
- Waiting for someone to take authority over my actions before I start.
- Not choosing gifts for beloved ones, because of fear of rejection.
I also have desires that help me to accept risks.