Competition 5 Dec 2018
From Genesis 2 on you see
competition. As a consequence of that some brothers hated the other one.
There was deceit, enmity, dead. It may be wondered if such is the consequence of the fall.
As a first response, I feel sad. A
loving God had created the world. Why so much envy?
I believe God was wise enough to realise that this would happen. So it must have some purpose.
Running the race.
Possible purposes for the competition.
- God may be interested in our response to
evil and hurt
- Because men would not obey directly to God, God caused confusion
- God wants men to be acquainted with the bad sides of competition and pain
- To stir up creativity
- To confuse men
- To slow down growth
How to respond with more love
- Believe that there is enough for all
- Let others go first
- Give up rights and position
- Be happy and trust life
- Care for a few things around
A choice for community
A place where all have value. A place where I can safely die to the