Advent 2 Dec 2018
See, the days are coming – it is the Lord who speaks – when I am going to fulfil the promise I made to the House of Israel
and the House of Judah:
In those days and at that time,
I will make a virtuous Branch grow for David,
who shall practice honesty and integrity in the land.
In those days Judah shall be saved
and Israel shall dwell in confidence.
And this is the name the city will be called:
An imaginary light in darkness.
How does it feel to be barren?
- Unfertile ground: nothing is growing, no new life sprouting, vacated.
A childless woman:
- May feel Forgotten, Lonely, Desiring, Hoping.
- Has to bear with the disappointment.
- May get unsolicited advice.
- May becoming Jealous at others.
- Her character may harden.
- May mistrust God.
- May be seeking for a meaning of life.