Butterfly 11 Jul 2018
One of my favorite animals is the butterfly. They posses beauty and elegance. They behave joyful and relaxed. Actually I would like to be a beautiful butterfly and enjoy an uncomplicated life visiting many beautiful flowers and giving joy to many.
Life may however feel like an ongoing struggle ...
- Our beautiful friends have an amazing life cycle of 4+ phases as I found on
- First it develops in an egg.
- Second if becomes a Larva (Caterpillar) and has to work hard with eating green leaves. No joy in life: just eating a lot.
- Third it becomes a Pupa (Chrysalis). This is a really amazing phase. Inside a huge transformation is ongoing.
- Forth ... they fly out as a butterfly after having mastered flying in just a couple of hours. And the butterfly is then very busy with mating and reproducing.
- Fifth: the death.
Some species of butterfly may travel 2500 miles.
Butterfly as image of human life
Before we can become an admirable butterfly we have birth, the baby's growth towards a teenager, the transformation to adolescence, reproduction and death. That is a human life cycle. This is a physical life cycle ending in death.
A more spiritual life cycle may sound somewhat different: birth, child-growth, transformation into the likeness of Jesus, dead and resurrection-transformation into a beautiful spirit in the Paradise.
Is the life-cycle of a butterfly not a beautiful image of the human destination? I may look like an ugly caterpillar busy with selfish feeding. I am however destined to be transfigured into a beautiful eternal creation. It requires however my co-operation. If I do not eat the proper food I may die as a caterpillar.